Sunday 6 June 2010

Gaza Flotilla five


: 24 May 2010 11:44:23


So! it goes! (As I said before, my online application to join this trip turned out not to have connected)


Yesterday was balmy and hot in the dappled Istanbul sun as I drank and ate for what I though was the last time in a while with my friends. But in the evenings after a big meeting at IHH's headquarters and a big kebab at the best local- and prayers in the Fatih Mosque containing the bones of the local warrior hero, known as Saladin (not the Saladin), having booked into my hotel for another few days and gone along to wave goodbye to the bus,I was accosted by fellow Bristolian Sakir who I had been filming earlier on, and who said "If I said I had a confirmed seat on the boat, what would you do?
I was, for once, unable to speak for a moment.

...Therefore here I am in the local internet cafe. We travelled overnight by road to join the ships. Its too hot out there to stand on the corner kicking myself for leaving the laptop at home. Next: dondurma!
If you hear nothing further from me - as I can't get my blog working by remote- look in on the I.H.H.website.
Seeyou!


No comments:

Post a Comment