Sunday 6 June 2010

Gaza Flotilla two

23rd May
Hello folks.
(This was originally emailed to a select bunch of mates) I can't update my voyage blog from Turkey so here's a quick update: After the ever growing business of near strip-searching at the airport we flew out. Sakir and I teamed up with another veteran of the Convoy. Peter Venner from the Isle of Wight. We got into Istanbul at 3pm local time. Sakir found a hotel. near the offices of I.H.H. which couldn't be handier. We go for a big meal at a local kebab restaurant - I almost forgot how much bread the Turks expect you to eat. Every time I looked like having finished my 4" round they whacked another on my plate.
And Sakir had got us pudding! Made of miniature flakey pastry floating in heavy syrup and containing melted cheese. I did my best...
End the night watching TV installed as an extra on top of our wardrobe. All pictures are green.

No comments:

Post a Comment